Saturday, April 30, 2011

Reading Challenge Update

Well, I haven't been the greatest about reading books from my own bookshelf.  I did accomplish this twice so far this year.  The first book was The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis.  I have been trudging my way through this series, and I have to say that the second book was the best, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.  I will eventually finish the series though.

I also read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  A friend of mine gave a copy to me as a birthday present last September, and I have had it sitting on my bookshelf since then.  I finally picked it up, and I was quite surprised at how good it was!  Science Fiction has never been something I've enjoyed.  I liked the book so much that I requested the next two in the series and read them all in a row.  I have never read a series straight through from start to finish, so I guess that attests to how good it was.

I am currently reading a historical romance for review which I am enjoying.  I will post the review here once I am finished.  I have been reading quite a few Caldecotts with my son at night for bedtime which I love.  I have only a few left to read and then I can say I've read them all.

No comments: