Thursday, December 24, 2009

B is for Burning Bright



I have to admit that Burning Bright is my least favorite of all of Tracy Chevalier's books. But I was very excited for this one because I love William Blake- both his poetry and art. When I was in library school, my archives class took a field trip to one of the museums in Tucson, AZ which had a few of Blake's prints from his Book of Job series. I was estatic!
So, I was really looking forward to this novel. I even interviewed Tracy Chevalier for Public Libraries. We had a great conversation, and I learned that she is really down to earth and that we both shared a love for unicorns when we were children. If you have never read Chevalier before, I'd start with her famous Girl With a Pearl Earring. My favorite though is The Lady and the Unicorn. The Virgin Blue is also an excellent read.

No comments: