Friday, March 21, 2008

A New Goal

Another goal...I counted up the number of books I read in 2007 (41) and decided that in 2008 my goal is to read 50 books for my own pleasure. I did read a few more than 41 books last year, but I don't count the nonfiction ones that I read for reviews for LJXpress. I don't know why. I guess just because they are work related. I also have not been counting the books I read for school and research. So I guess I'm just mostly interested in recording the fiction and nonfiction that I have read by choice.

My Caldecott challenge is going well. I'm reading Abraham Lincoln now and will have it finished today. I have also figured out which books I am going to read to complete my Genre Challenge. I used Joyce Sarick's book for suggestions and also a few other RA guides that we have here at work. Later today I will post the Newbery's I have read over the years so I can start working them into my reading list.

I have a pile of books at home that I am longing to read. I have to postpone abit because I have a book to read for LJXpress that is due in two weeks, and I have another book to complete for my book discussion group. It's Ruth Rendell's Adam and Eve and Pinch Me. So far it is interesting with quirky characters. I think I know what's going to happen, but I'm hoping for a great twist at the end. The book jacket promised psychological suspense and malice, so we shall see.

I just finished Maeve Binchy's Evening Class for my book discussion title for March. It was appropraite to read in March because of St. Patrick's Day. I thought I would absolutely hate it and was dreading it because it is a huge book, but I really enjoyed it. I would read another one of Binchy's. Most of the people in my discussion group enjoyed it as well.

No comments: